Trinity Lutheran Church History
15 people met for Bible study.
As the number of people increased, the group moved to a larger facility at the
Club House in Rotonda West, then eventually to the American Legion Hall
in Rotonda West. During this time, Pastor Earl Schmidt began
leading the group in Divine Worship.
The name Trinity Lutheran Church of Southwest Florida was chosen by the congregation.
A decision was made to seek a more permanent home for the growing congregation; a building committee was formed and planning for a new church home began.
An abandoned business building and 3.6 acres of land was chosen as a viable
future home. Plans and specifications were prepared and a loan application
submitted for financing.
Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod recognized
Trinity Lutheran Church of Southwest Florida as a member
congregation at a special Charter Service
held at the American Legion Hall.
Weiler Bach was awarded the contract to renovate the building. Permits were submitted to the county for authorization to proceed with the project. Successful completion of the project required extensive congregation participation.
Charlotte County issued a permit for Trinity to initiate renovation of the bank building.
Twenty-five TLC members began demolishing the interior of the building. Members continued to work with the Contractor on a daily basis. A goal was set to complete the work by Easter Sunday 2016.
Easter Sunday April 2016
Trinity Lutheran Church celebrated the risen Christ in its new location at 1379 South
McCall Rd in Port Charlotte.
TLC began holding two Sunday services as attendance grew beyond the 150 seating capacity of the facility,